Gifts to the Annual Fund support a wide array of events and services for the students, alumni, housestaff and faculty of the UVA School of Medicine, such as:
- Scholarships: The UVA Medical Alumni Association and Medical School Foundation provides financial assistance through student scholarships and interest-free loans. The Global Health Initiative offers financial support to students participating in electives which provide service abroad to communities in need.
- Events: White Coat Ceremony (sponsored by the Class of 1965 and presented by the UVA Medical Alumni Association), Match Day, Graduation Open House, Family Day, Money Talks financial planning seminars, Lipscomb Lectureship, and Medical School Reunion Weekend, just to name a few. Visit our Events page to see what events are coming up.
- Student and Alumni Networking: Provided through the Host Program, UVA MedConnect, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- News and Information: The semi-annual University of Virginia School of Medicine Vitals magazine is available online and in print. Our e-newsletter Capsule offers the latest news every other month.
Here are just a few examples of the immediate impact of Annual Fund contributions:
- $250 allows the UVA Medical Alumni Association and Medical School Foundation to send a fourth year student to a national specialty conference, where he or she can gain a wealth of knowledge and be better prepared to start residency.
- $500 provides for two sessions of Money Talks financial lectures presented to medical students and current housestaff. Topics include investing, home financing, and budgeting during medical school.
- $1,000 allows the UVA Medical Alumni Association and Medical School Foundation to present Family Day, an informative and fun event bringing together first year medical students, their families, and faculty members.
Every gift counts. The Annual Fund is cumulative, so every dollar of support adds up to meaningful events, services, and scholarships. Will you make a gift now?