Philanthropy in Action
When you make a gift to support the University of Virginia School of Medicine, you are making a difference in the lives of current students … tomorrow’s physicians, researchers and healthcare leaders.
On this page, we’ll share the stories of some of the people who have given back to the School of Medicine and supported causes important to them.
- Ramona L. Reed, MD ’68, and Larry N. Reed Scholarship
- Norman Soskel, MD ’74: Soskel Barrie Scholarships
- Stan Gilbert, MD ’75: Gilbert Family Global Health Orthopaedic Fund
- Michael Nelson, PhD ’07: Excellence in Neuroscience Award
- James Orr, MD ’76: Orr Fund for Faculty Excellence in Women’s Oncology
- Parker Ruhl, MD ’06: Patricia F. and Garrett E. Ruhl Psychiatry Award Fund
- Reducing Student Debt: UVA Medical Alumni Association Scholarship Fund
- Rick Greene, MD ’70: Mulholland Society Leaders Bicentennial Scholars Fund
- Bicentennial Scholars Program: Wendy S. Davis, MD ‘81, and Bonnie F. Offit, MD ’87
- Class of 1967 Joseph F. Smiddy, MD, Altruism Award
- Don Richardson, MD ’62