2020 Student Award Recipients
The UVA Medical Alumni Association is pleased to recognize the following student award recipients for the Class of 2020:
- Outstanding Student Award: Lois Davis
This award is presented annually to a member of the graduating class who has made unique and tangible contributions to the University of Virginia School of Medicine and to the Medical Alumni Association. This award is presented on behalf of the Medical Alumni Association Board of Directors and the Medical School Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Gratton Alexander Litz III Award for Excellence on the Internal Medicine Clerkship: Dhruv Desai
The Litz Award is presented annually to a student who demonstrates excellent clinical skills, outstanding ability to interact with patients on a personal level, and zest and enthusiasm for the clerkship.
- Richard W. Lindsay Award in Geriatrics: Kara M. Harrison
This award recognizes excellence during the geriatric clerkship rotation.
- Herbert R. Farber Memorial Award: Jonathan Lipsey
This award is presented to a student who excels on the internal medicine clerkship and demonstrates excellence in athletics or in the fine/performing arts.
- Class of 1967 Joseph F. Smiddy, MD Altruism Award: Bijan Morshedi
This award recognizes a fourth-year medical student who has demonstrated selfless service to the medically underserved and generosity in serving the community.
Congratulations to these students!