The UVA Medical Alumni Association and Medical School Foundation is staffed by a small team of professionals who enjoy a dynamic collaboration with and in support of the UVA School of Medicine.
Current employment opportunities are listed below. Compensation includes an attractive benefits package (health and dental insurance and a 403(b) retirement plan), plus free onsite parking. The UVA Medical Alumni Association is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
Assistant Director of Constituent Relations
Provides support to and coordinates programming for medical and graduate biomedical students and current hospital housestaff of the UVA School of Medicine.
- Plan and execute events for medical and graduate biomedical students and current hospital housestaff
- Coordinate event venues/vendors, logistics, invitation mailings/registration, on-site synchronization, on-site photography, and event volunteers
- Provide support for various components of signature alumni events, including but not limited to: pre-event registration, preparation of materials distributed at events, on-site set-up/breakdown/registration, and post-event follow-up
- Manage various student and housestaff services provided by the MAA
- Provide administrative support for various student groups and student awards; coordinate with faculty and student contacts
- Experience in event planning, student affairs, alumni relations or related field with demonstrated success in building productive relationships with constituents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of organizing and completing multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail, while prioritizing duties and meeting deadlines
- Experience with AdvanceWeb or similar constituent database preferred
- Advanced proficiency Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree required