2019 Family Day
Presentations and activities will take place from 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. in the Claude Moore Medical Education Building (200 Jeanette Lancaster Way). Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Free parking will be available in the South Parking Garage (380 Crispell Dr) from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Online registration for this event is now closed. If you have any questions, please contact Wendy Baldwin.
8:30 a.m. – Lobby
UVA School of Medicine items will be available for sale. Proceeds support student activities sponsored by The Mulholland Society.
9:00 a.m. – Charles Hurt, MD Learning Studio (1st floor)
- Welcome to Family Day, Barry Collins, Executive Director, UVA Medical Alumni Association
- Opening Remarks, David S. Wilkes, MD, Dean, School of Medicine
- The Four-College System, Sean W. Reed, MD, Res. ’07, Dean of Reed College
- The “Next Generation” Curriculum, Meg G. Keeley, MD ’92, Dean of Dunglison College
- Team-Based Learning Exercise, Mary Kate Worden, PhD
10:45 a.m. – Class of 1958 Lecture Auditorium (3rd floor)
- Snapshot of the Class of 2023, John Densmore, MD, PhD, Dean of Hunter College
- Student Affairs and Services, Christine Peterson, MD, Dean of Pinn College
- Medical School Experience: The Student Viewpoint, Student Panel
Remarks, Vivian Pinn, MD
12:00 – 12:45 p.m.
Reed and Pinn Colleges: Lunch Reception.
Pinn College students and their families will have the 3rd floor Auditorium reserved to socialize with Dr. Pinn. This group will also hear a presentation regarding the Inova Partnership with Randy Canterbury, MD, MS, DLFAPA, Res. ’84, senior associate dean for education.
Dunglison and Hunter Colleges: Tour of the Medical Education Building. SIM Center tours will be first come, first serve via the registration form. We will begin a waiting list should there be any cancellations. Self-guided tours on all other floors.
Official Pinn College Photo with Dr. Pinn. Pinn College students should gather outside the building entrance.
12:45 – 1:30 p.m.
Dunglison and Hunter Colleges: Lunch Reception.
Reed and Pinn Colleges: Tour of the Medical Education Building. SIM Center tours will be first come, first serve via the registration form. We will begin a waiting list should there be any cancellations. Self-guided tours on all other floors.