2021 Residency Second Look
UVA’s Housestaff Council for Diversity and Inclusion and the GME Office are hosting a virtual opportunity to take a second look at the experience of our current trainees who are either underrepresented in medicine or allies working to decrease disparities in both the work force and the care of minoritized patients.
- Overview of HCDI’s initiatives, including advocacy, community engagement and our mentorship program
- Current resident panel discussion featuring interns who participated in the 2019 Second Look and subsequently matched here.
- Small breakout sessions led by current trainees on the following topics:
- Being LGBTQ+ in Charlottesville
- Being BIPOC in Charlottesville
- Parenting during Residency
- Being single in Charlottesville
- Relocating to Charlottesville
- Finding your community outside the hospital
Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions they might not have been able to ask during your residency interviews and to hear a broader range of experiences outside of those heard that day.
Program faculty will not be participating in this event. It is just for trainees and applicants. Questions? Feel free to contact either HCDI President Robin Ulep, MD (Neurology) or GME Director Diane Farineau.
This event will take place via Zoom. To participate in this Zoom event, your version of Zoom must be 5.4.7 or after. You can download the most recent version of Zoom here.