Virginia Medicine Fall 2019
The UVA Medical Alumni Association is pleased to present the first issue of Virginia Medicine (formerly Vitals). In this issue:
- Beyond the Classroom – Programs at the School of Medicine are offering real-world experiences in the community and in the lab, providing students with avenues for practical applications that can’t be found in lectures and textbooks.
- Doctor Hoo – Read about ChrisAnna Mink, MD ’83, who is currently working as a child health reporter for The Modesto Bee.
- In Training – Meet Evan Rajadhyaksha, SMD’20, a fourth-year medical student who has wanted to be a pediatrician since he was 4 years old.
- Discovery – Highlights from UVA Health and the School of Medicine.
- Class Notes – Our expanded section of personal and professional news shared by alumni of the School of Medicine.
- Recent Events – See photos from the BIMS Alumni and MD Alumni Reunion Weekends, White Coat Ceremony and Graduation.