Virginia Medicine Fall 2020
The UVA Medical Alumni Association is pleased to present the Fall 2020 issue of Virginia Medicine. In this issue:
- Collaborating on COVID – Investigators and clinicians at UVA come together to shed light on the virus, the disease, and what we can do about it.
- Q&A – EVP for Health Affairs K. Craig Kent, MD, answers questions about his career, academic medicine, and UVA Health.
- Doctor Hoo – Read about Lilian Peake, MD ’99, MPH, state epidemiologist and director of the Office of Epidemiology in Virginia.
- In Training – Meet Róża Przanowska, a fifth-year PhD student in the Biomedical Sciences (BIMS) program in the School of Medicine.
- Discovery – Find highlights from UVA Health and the School of Medicine.
- Class Notes – Our expanded section of personal and professional news shared by alumni of the School of Medicine.
- Graduation – See photos from the Class of 2020’s socially-distanced celebrations.
The Fall 2020 issue is available online now. Read it on your computer or tablet today. This is a digital-online issue. You will not receive a printed copy by mail.
* The photo above features (L-R) Mayuresh Abhyankar, PhD, William A. Petri, Jr., PhD, MD, and Alexandra Donlan. To comply with social distancing, photographer Jackson Smith shot individual photos and created a composite image for our cover.