Distinguished Achievement Award in Biomedical Sciences
The Distinguished Achievement Award in Biomedical Sciences recognizes exceptional research and professional accomplishments, outstanding discovery and innovation, and exemplary leadership in the basic sciences by a PhD alumnus/a, or a former postdoctoral fellow of the University of Virginia School of Medicine. The award was established in 2020 by the UVA Medical Alumni Association and Medical School Foundation.
To be considered for this award, nominees should meet the following criteria:
- They must be one or more of the following:
- An alumnus of the UVA School of Medicine who is a former PhD or MD/PhD graduate student of the UVA School of Medicine *
- A former postdoctoral fellow from the UVA School of Medicine *
* Alumni and fellows who received their degrees from the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences prior to 2017 are also eligible.
- They should have the following characteristics:
- Recognized widely at a state, regional, national or international level for contributions to their field of biomedical sciences, professional society, national medical or research societies, and/or affiliated institution in one or more of the following categories:
- Educational Inspiration
NOMINATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
The required nomination form is posted below. Nominations will be accepted as follows:
- Online submissions — preferred method.
- Submit answers to the nomination questions as a Word document or PDF via email.
- Submit answers to the nomination questions by sending the printed document via fax (434-982-3202) or mail (UVA Medical Alumni Association, PO Box 800776, Charlottesville, VA 22908).
Note: Although a CV may be submitted to support a nomination, a complete nomination must also include answers to the questions in the form below regarding the nominee. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
** Nominations for the 2020 Distinguished Achievement Award in Biomedical Sciences are now closed. We will announce the recipient of this year’s award in September 2020. **
Read answers to our most commonly asked questions regarding the nominations process here.
If you have additional questions, please contact us.