Early Achievement Award in Biomedical Sciences
The Early Achievement Award in Biomedical Sciences recognizes alumni who have brought honor and distinction to the UVA School of Medicine by demonstrating outstanding leadership in—and making significant contributions to—the field of medicine early in their careers through research, discovery and innovation.
This new award, established by the UVA Medical Alumni Association and Medical School Foundation, will recognize its first winner in 2022.
To be considered for this award, nominees should meet the following criteria:
- They must be one or more of the following:
- An alumnus of the UVA School of Medicine who is a former PhD or MD/PhD graduate student of the UVA School of Medicine *
- A former postdoctoral fellow from the UVA School of Medicine *
* Alumni and fellows who received their degrees from the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences prior to 2017 are also eligible.
- They must have concluded their PhD within 20 years of nomination.
- Nominees should have the following characteristics:
- Recognized by alumni, faculty and staff as demonstrating achievement in their field of biomedical sciences in one or more of the following categories:
- Educational Inspiration
NOMINATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
The required nomination form can be found below. Nominations will be accepted as follows:
- Online submissions using the online form — preferred method.
- Submit answers to the questions below as a Word document or PDF via email.
- Submit answers to the questions below by sending the printed document via fax (434-982-3202) or mail (UVA Medical Alumni Association, PO Box 800776, Charlottesville, VA 22908).
** Deadline: Nominations for the 2022 award will be accepted May 1 – July 31, 2022. **
Although a CV may be submitted to support a nomination, a complete nomination must also include answers to the questions in the form below regarding the nominee. Incomplete nominations will not be considered. Please do not include hyperlinks — all information to be considered should be included in the nomination form.
The selection committee can opt to not select a winner in a given year if it determines there are no qualifying or deserving candidates.
Read answers to our most commonly asked questions regarding the nominations process here.
If you have additional questions, please contact us.