The Humanitarian Award honors alumni who have provided extraordinary service to society or humanity. It recognizes individuals who have dedicated themselves to the compassionate care of the underserved and underprivileged.
This new award, established by the UVA Medical Alumni Association and Medical School Foundation, will recognize its first winner in 2022.
To be considered for this award, nominees should meet the following criteria:
- They must be one or more of the following:
- An alumnus of the UVA School of Medicine
- A current or former faculty member of the UVA School of Medicine
- A former resident or fellow from the UVA School of Medicine
- They should have the following characteristics:
- Recognized by alumni, faculty and staff as demonstrating significant contributions to society or humanity through healthcare.
- Dedicated to the compassionate care of the underserved and/or unprivileged.
NOMINATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE
The required nomination form can be found below. Nominations will be accepted as follows:
- Online submissions using the online form — preferred method.
- Submit answers to the questions below as a Word document or PDF via email.
- Submit answers to the questions below by sending the printed document via fax (434-982-3202) or mail (UVA Medical Alumni Association, PO Box 800776, Charlottesville, VA 22908).
** Nominations for the 2022 award are now closed. **
Although a CV may be submitted to support a nomination, a complete nomination must also include answers to the questions in the form below regarding the nominee. Incomplete nominations will not be considered. Please do not include hyperlinks — all information to be considered should be included in the nomination form.
The selection committee can opt to not select a winner in a given year if it determines there are no qualifying or deserving candidates.
Read answers to our most commonly asked questions regarding the nominations process here.
If you have additional questions, please contact us.