Walter Reed Distinguished Achievement Award
The Walter Reed Distinguished Achievement Award recognizes professional accomplishments, outstanding innovation, and exemplary leadership in the field of medicine by an alumnus/a, current or former faculty member, or a former resident or fellow of the University of Virginia School of Medicine. The award was established in 1996 by the UVA Medical Alumni Association and Medical School Foundation.
To be considered for this award, nominees should meet the following criteria:
1. He/she must be one or more of the following:
- An alumnus of the UVA School of Medicine
- A current or former faculty member of the UVA School of Medicine
- A former resident or fellow from the UVA School of Medicine
2. He/she should have the following characteristics:
- Recognized widely at a state, regional, or national level for contributions to his/her professional society, national medical or research societies, or affiliated institution in one or more of the following categories:
- Educational Inspiration
Nomination Process and Deadline
The required nomination form will be posted online. Nominations will be accepted as follows:
- Online submissions — preferred method.
- Submit answers to the nomination questions as a Word document or PDF via email.
- Submit answers to the nomination questions by sending the printed document via fax (434-982-3202) or mail (UVA Medical Alumni Association, PO Box 800776, Charlottesville, VA 22908).
Note: Although a CV may be submitted to support a nomination, a complete nomination must also include answers to the questions in the form below regarding the nominee. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
The nomination period for the 2019 Walter Reed Award will be May 1 – June 30, 2019. The nomination form will be posted below at that time – please check back.