Early Achievement Award
The Early Achievement Award recognizes alumni who have brought honor and distinction to the UVA School of Medicine by demonstrating outstanding leadership in—and making significant contributions to—the field of medicine early in their careers through teaching, research, clinical care, public or professional service, or civic duties.
The award was established in 2018 by the UVA Medical Alumni Association and Medical School Foundation. (See a list of winners here.)
To be considered for this award, nominees should meet the following criteria:
- He/she must have graduated in the past 15 years prior to being nominated (age shall not be used as a determining factor)
- He/she must be one or more of the following:
- An alumnus of the UVA School of Medicine
- A former resident or fellow from the UVA School of Medicine
- He/she should have the following characteristics:
- Recognized by alumni, faculty and staff as demonstrating achievement in one or more of the following categories:
- Clinical care
- Public or professional service
- Civic duties
Nomination Process and Deadline
The required nomination form can be found below. Nominations will be accepted as follows:
- Online submissions using the online form — preferred method.
- Submit answers to the questions below as a Word document or PDF via email.
- Submit answers to the questions below by sending the printed document via fax (434-982-3202) or mail (UVA Medical Alumni Association, PO Box 800776, Charlottesville, VA 22908).
Although a CV may be submitted to support a nomination, a complete nomination must also include answers to the questions in the form below regarding the nominee. Incomplete nominations will not be considered. Please do not include hyperlinks — all information to be considered should be included in the nomination form.
The selection committee can opt to not select a winner in a given year if it determines there are no qualifying or deserving candidates.
The nomination period for the 2019 award will open in May 2019.